A BEAST IS BORN
Beast opened its curved, medieval-looking doors in February of 2005, offering a non-traditional, American spin on Mediterannean tapas, served up in a unique atmosphere.
Since its opening in 2005, Beast has won acclaim, particularly for its unique menu, including a Top Pick in The New York Times, inclusion in the Top 5 Brunch Spots in New York City from New York Magazine, and was nominated in the Reader’s Choice Awards for Best New Brooklyn Restaurant in Time Out New York.
ABOUT THE PROPRIETRESS
Deborah Bicknese graduated at the top of her class from Culinary Institute of America in 2000, having previously completed her BA in Business Management in 1998. By 2003, she had become a certified sommelier, and had an impressive professional resume before embarking on the creation of Beast. She has worked as a chef at the Cub Room (Soho), City Hall (Tribeca), Caprial's and Three Lions (Portland, OR), as well as Thomas Beisl (Fort Greene). She later went on to serve as Sommolier at Mario Batali’s Otto (Manhattan) before putting her considerable talents to work in creating her own establishment.
Ms. Bicknese believes in giving back to the community, and in the wake of its success, Beast has made a practice of supporting a variety of charitable organizations, including:
* NYRR Foundation (NY Road Runners, 2007)
* Brooklyn Animal Foster Network (2007)
* NYstate Association of Chiefs of Police (2005-2007)
* Firefighters Charitable Foundation(2005-2007)
* New Orleans Humane Society (2005)
* Save the Children (2005)
* NY State Deputies Association (2005-2007)
* NY State Park Police Benevolent Association (2005-2007)
* Avon Walk for Breast Cancer(2007)
* Rainforest Alliance( 2006-2007)
* Stonewall Chorale (2007)